Saturday 2 April 2016

I ALMOST WEPT



It was one of those typically hot afternoon in Akure city, and with my knowledge of temperature scale I would assume the temperature was around 40°c . 


While I sat quietly in my custom in the corner of the lecture room, in a loose white shirt on a blue jean capable of reducing the intensity of the supposed harsh learning condition with power outage that made the lecture room abundantly stuffy
with about a hundred of us in class.

I just kept on whispering my thoughts of how I honestly wish the lecturer should round up quickly so I could grab a chilled bottle water to quench my thirst.


The wait and my thirst lasted like forever but I survived it. Immediately lectures were over, we were all instructed to answer the roll call which will constitute part of our continuous assessment. Which most times is not true!( winks).


Well, I waited and luckily my name will be amongst the first set of names to be called. Just immediately as I answered the roll call, I dashed out of the class, hurried to where drinks are sold just adjacent the lecture room. I bought a bottle of water for an exceptionally outrageous amount but really I had no choice.

Just after taking a chilled water that successfully tackled my thirst head long, a couple of friends walked up to me to show some love about the articles on my blog, and while they shared amongst laughter and fun their favorite article, a supposed "friend" of mine came along and said "do you know I have never visited that your blog gan self".

I was so disappointed and almost wept.

At first I was surprised and a bit quizzical that how come my own friend will not have visited my blog before.

Just a little while I honestly realized that the truth is that "I am not sent to everybody".

This is a truth that most times we miss out and on a long run gets us unnecessarily angry and cost us to lose focus.

While fulfilling your dreams, ambitions and life aspirations, get it right that you are not sent to everybody. There are specific people at specific times whose solution you bear.

So when next some of your friends are not moved about the solution you bear, just understand that at that specific instance the solution you bear is not for them, hence the need to always pray that the specific solution you bear coincide with specific people who need them.

Let’s go a step higher. YES WE CAN.
Copy right © 2015 AGBOOLA BIYI
ALL RIGHT RESERVED
FACEBOOK: agboola biyi TWITTER: @agboolabiyi BBM: 5330F104


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

SOME OF US

The other day after a powerful delivery at a seminar somewhere around town, one of the guest speakers who happened to be pretty old...