Friday 30 December 2016

MEET THE NIGERIAN PEN ARTIST



HOW POWERFUL IS THE PEN!

I was just going through my news feed on Facebook when I stumbled on the drawing of the Popular Rap star Olamide that was drawn with a pen.


I was wowed and wondered who did it. My love for arts know no bounds, and we have different people show casing their love for arts in diverse ways. Out of curiosity,
I went ahead to see who was behind that lovely work. Today’s blog post will be to celebrate this guy that does those beautiful art works with the mighty pen.

ME: Hi, can we meet you? 

My name is Kumoye Akin, a part five student of the Industrial Design department of the prestigious, leading and the best university of Technology in Nigeria, The Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA).
Akin doing what he loves to do.

ME: How powerful is the pen? 

Akin: To some of us who have an idea, a pen can be a maker and it can also be a killer depending on who is using it cum the intent of its usage. To me, I make drawings with the everyday pen we all use. And so the pen makes it possible for me to put out what lies deep in my imagination. Which is Arts.

ME: What can you say about your drawings and why did you choose the PEN?


Akin: Drawing has been a part of me since my primary school days, even though I never knew I'd have as much passion I have for it right now. Even though drawing with pen isn't something new, but many artists prefer other mediums that can allow them correct mistakes. To err is human. Many art materials may not be readily available to everyone, so I chose to make use of pen to make people see that indeed the pen is mightier. A pen can do what different shades of pencil will do. I love every piece I work on, it gives me a room to get better every day and also creates an avenue to inspire people that “WHERE THERE IS DETERMINATION, NO SUCH THING AS IMPOSSIBILITIES.If my art works are to be classified under a style For now it is Surrealistic realism I'm working towards hyper realism but perfection is only an illusion.


 
ME: Would you say you are now a master at your craft with all your fantastic works?

Akin: Well, am still undergoing the learning cycle, and I believe I get better by the day always.

ME: What is your goal and aspiration?

Akin: My goal is to achieve the height of professionalism where my drawings will be mistaken for a photo whose hue was edited. And also one day be celebrated for my arts with handsome rewards.

ME: What’s your motivation in life?

Akin: My motivation comes from GOD, the life he has given us as humans and the people I meet who stay on top of their games. 

ME: How many hours do you spend per drawing? 

Akin: The time spent on a drawing depends on the size and complexity of the drawing itself. Most works I spend over 70 hours which spreads across two weeks a times, I love details, but if it’s a commissioned piece, I go faster to avoid disappointment.

ME: Finally Akin, what has pen drawing taught you? 

Akin: Pen drawing has taught me that I don't need to have everything to achieve something most times in life, every phase in life comes with opportunity, and it’s left for us to choose either to make do with what we have or grumble about not having enough while others are making a whole lots of sense with the little they have.
Hunger in the land drawing, more details @ facebook.com/AkinMyboy

In this interview, Akins life is one of that young lad whose finds his passion, gather the strength to follow it through, dream big about it and give it all it takes to make it a reality. He his good at his art and if you would love him to help you with a PEN DRAWING, you could reach him @ www.facebook.com/AkinMyboy, Phone number : +2348166149452,  Instagram: @dodesigns196



What is that passion of yours! Are you about giving up!
Common keep at it, don’t ever think of giving up, but instead think of how to get better at it because truly the sky can be your starting point.

I am Agboola Biyi Micheal a BLESSING to my GENERATION, and an ASSET to NIGERIA.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

SOME OF US

The other day after a powerful delivery at a seminar somewhere around town, one of the guest speakers who happened to be pretty old...