Thursday 12 January 2017

DREAMS DON'T DIE



While I was a very young boy, One day our class teacher came into the class room, he asked us all to stand up, we thought we had committed another punishable offense that can warrant a serious beating for us all. Our class teacher then asked us all a question that he ordered us to answer one after the other that day.

The question was quite simple and it goes thus; 'WHAT IS YOUR DREAM?' 

Well, he took time to explain the kind of Dream he meant and we all got it. I was sitting somewhere around the
sixty row in the class of about forty students or thereabout in the class. Lots of my colleague’s way back then said some things. Some wanted to be Doctors, some Teachers, some Engineers and lots of other good stuffs. Others that were daring enough said Governors and lots more. I remembered that day I said I simply wanted to a commissioner of Education in Oyo state.

Well you don’t need to ask me ‘why’ back then because I only said what I liked which an embodiment of leadership. Our Teacher then did what Teachers are supposed to be doing this days as a compulsory part of their Job that is to motivate and inspire students. He stirred us up and told us that ‘all our dreams no matter how BIG they seem are achievable’. 

Fast forward many years after, I am a graduate from a reputable university in the country. If asked that question again, the only difference will be the maturity that has blended with my understanding that has helped to redefine the dream excellently. But in actual fact, the DREAM itself of BEING A BLESSING TO MY GENERATION, AND BEING AN ASSET TO MY COUNTRY, has not changed.

Only that as I grow, the expectation per time has changed!!

It’s therefore very noble to have dreams, but when the need arises to modify, or change the expectation cum aspiration per time, please make sure you do! 

Always remember, 'DREAMS DONT DIE' even though expectations from them might change per time.

I am Agboola Biyi Micheal a BLESSING to my GENERATION, and an ASSET to NIGERIA.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

SOME OF US

The other day after a powerful delivery at a seminar somewhere around town, one of the guest speakers who happened to be pretty old...