Sunday 27 March 2016

REMINDER


It was time for that semester that everyone has always anticipated for from year one. Well the only thing that excites most of us is the fact that we will have to learn, but this time around compulsorily out of the class room.

Some of us like this kind of learning, the catch to it is also that no exams will be written for the next six month. Oh what an air of relief!
So we could ignore the fear of to which direction is the CGPA
going for the next couple of months.

My I.T experience.

I had always promised myself that I would never do my I.T where I would not gain both intellectually and financially.

So when the hunt began, at first all the connections worked but none is promising financially. This however is relative but for me I was determined I was not going to take anything short of my aspiration.

So, I left Akure finally for my I.T and being in the largest city in West Africa was a great relieve. The next six month will be in this historic city, I sighed!

I woke up very early on Tuesday morning, took my bath and brushed my teeth. There has been light since I arrived on Monday afternoon, and I never took chances as I immediately ironed my cream shirt and a black pair of trousers to be used for the hunt.

Neatly dressed with my well- polished black shoes complementing my well- brushed wavy hair. I left home and began the search for my Internship placement. Although I already got placements in Akure, but I was not satisfied with them. After moving from one company to another within Ibadan metropolis in what looked like an unfortunate hunt this Tuesday morning, I promised to go to just one more place and I will quit the search for the day.

The last option was a hospital, well I never really wanted it but as things were going, I might have no choice than to go for it. Just as I arrived the clinic, the sight I beheld was scary. I chose to avoid it by running upstairs, but then I was directed back downstairs. My well Ironed black trousers already had brown spots some inches away from my shoes, the hunt was not going as expected was what was ringing in my head. I went back downstairs, and behold I was live facing a lifeless body just being wheeled to the morgue.

Immediately, I became sober and stood motionless for some seconds. I hurriedly walked to the admin trying to ignore the scene I just witnessed, after some minutes of interacting with the manager, he concluded by telling me again that they don't take I.T. students. I charismatically thanked him while I whisked my way outside. I momentarily forgot my hunt for an Internship placement and began to wonder,
Good or bad, a life this fellow has had- its over.
Rich or poor its over
Sanguine or melancholy- its over
Believed GOD or not its finally over
Well educated or an illiterate its over still
Peaceful or troublesome (lion of the tribe of his/her house) its over

Then it occurred to me over and over again that in this life no matter what we have, who we are, what we do, etc., its all vanity upon vanity.

And the only thing that will matter when nothing matters again is where we would spend our eternity.

The life we have touched while we were here on earth, those we have labored for in love and our abiding faith in GOD.

Take life easy, its good to work hard but just always remember to do all you do in love, truth and honesty.
Because vanity upon vanity, really all is vanity!


Lets go a step higher. YES WE CAN.
Copy right © 2015 AGBOOLA BIYI
ALL RIGHT RESERVED
FACEBOOK: agboola biyi TWITTER: @agboolabiyi BBM: 5330F104







No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

SOME OF US

The other day after a powerful delivery at a seminar somewhere around town, one of the guest speakers who happened to be pretty old...