Saturday 11 February 2017

I AM INDISPENSABLE




I have been in love, but this was strange! Absolutely strange!

My heart skips at the mention of her name. When my phone rings, and I gazed at the screen and she is the one calling,
my heart limps for joy. Occasionally it’s like we have been together since the beginning. She understands me excellently and so do I.

I remembered the first day I set my eyes on her, it was like heaven spoke into my ears that she is the anointed one. Her beauty swayed me off
my feet. Her intelligence was like no other, her confidence was absolutely contagious. The smile she wore on her pimples less face is flawless. Her humility, wow and Fantastic.

All this I conjured within some minutes. I could not hold it any longer, I was forced to tell my friends, this is my woman. She walked up to me, we exchanged pleasantries and wow I whispered to her what I told my friends, in her simplicity she smiled at me and said she has heard me while I watched her disappear into the crowd.

There is one thing that life has taught me over and over again. It’s called persistence. From that day, we exchanged contacts and we became friends. I wanted something more than being a friend, it was not forth coming at first, but eventually and eventually, I got it.
She was mine and at that moment I had it all close to perfect.

I could not do anything without her, likewise she too. We were best of friends, we played together, sometimes cried together. Shared all the moments together and it soon appeared like without her, life would be meaningless. It was as though without her, life would pause or perhaps cease to exist.

Love is sweet mehnnnnnnn.

We sometimes had heated argument that would make us both angry. But we had a way of resolving it. So from all indication, I would obviously not like a life without her. She often tells me of how much she needs me, always wanting me to reassure her of my love and commitment. Which I did honestly.

My conclusion always was that life won’t make sense for me without you baby.

But you see, there was a time things went beyond our control. It was serious and I made up my mind not to think of fixing it. And she followed suit too. And before I knew it, off we went.
 For sometimes, I was smiling in my corner saying
"I know she will come back, how will she survive without me?”.

Those were my thoughts, I enjoyed the illusion of being the indispensable ‘super guy’.

But to my amazement, we both moved on smoothly, I am doing great without her, and she’s fine without me.

 Although we missed the moments we shared together, but the bitter truth we both realized was that life won't pause because somebody somewhere left.

Nature just has a way of ensuring lapses are made up for, and things keeps on moving.

So dear reader, stop living in the mirage of thoughts that you are the almighty indispensable one.

That is not to undermine the relevance of the values people ad cum relationships are capable of adding to our lives, but to assume someone else's life or world would pause because you walked away is just an ILLUSION.

The earlier you realize this, the better for all of us.

Nature just has an amazing way of keeping everything going. Because even if I did not write about this, someone else would, and life would still go on smoothly.



Therefore being indispensable is JUST an Illusion.

I am AGBOOLA BIYI MICHEAL a BLESSING to my GENERATION, and an ASSET to NIGERIA.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... That's the truth about life. Nobody is indispensable. Shit happens in life and we have to move on. That's life.
    Thanks Sir Michael for the insight.
    No more illusion of being indispensable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEA man, thanks for the insightful comment......cheers

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

SOME OF US

The other day after a powerful delivery at a seminar somewhere around town, one of the guest speakers who happened to be pretty old...