Tuesday 22 November 2016

YOUR CUP OF TEA




One fateful Saturday morning, I woke up very early because of the bulkiness of the day’s itinerary. During the cause of the week, I had used many of my clothing’s and they are mostly virtually dirty. Laundry exercise promises to be tasking today since I could not afford to pay the laundry man the bill he proposed for the washing. There are dishes to be washed as well, and the routine cleaning of our
Bathroom and Toilet is mine to do.

What a day lies ahead! I exclaimed as I woke up.

Unfortunately there is no tap water in our house, this implies I have to fetch lots of water from the well.
I therefore got a lot of buckets to fill with water and then carry then to where my laundry exercise is patiently waiting for me. I got to the well and started fetching, then something happened. 

My very good friend, Paul Shola Oguntade popularly called PSO came to fetch water too at the well, not long after he arrived at the well, he was set to leave because he had finished fetching all the water he needed.

At first I asked him, ‘Bros you dey leave me be that, remember say I got here before you!’
PSO was stunned by my comment and being a very meticulous person, he giggled first and said
 ‘well I don’t know what to say but Biyi am through here’.

He left me at the well still trying to fill my buckets.

Most times in life we are tempted to compare our self with other people. We forget that our purpose of doing things are very different. My friend came to fill a bucket of water that maybe he needed to take his bath or cook a meal, but I was there to fill buckets that I needed for doing a whole lots of things. 

When building capacity, don’t be in a hurry to copy someone else whose reason for doing what you are doing you are very unsure of, don’t be intimidated by other peoples progress, you have your life to live. And your BEING all you are designed to BE should not necessarily be similar to theirs. 

It’s always your own cup of tea!

So be wise and don’t do copy copy!

I am Agboola Biyi Micheal a BLESSING to my GENERATION, and an ASSET to NIGERIA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

SOME OF US

The other day after a powerful delivery at a seminar somewhere around town, one of the guest speakers who happened to be pretty old...