Sunday 6 November 2016

YOU ARE A MODEL



I was just brooding over life experiences while sited at my desk some days ago and I stumbled on this amazing experience.

  Growing up was fun in our suburb with my friend Ejiro amongst others. Ejiro and my brother Tommy are my two closest ally since way back.

Back then, late evening on Sundays, we do go for house caring fellowship in church. Our church is just a few kilometers away from our house. Service will however start around 4:30 pm, but we would have left home around 3:30 pm and obviously because of our agenda,
we would spend less than 15minutes to get to church. In front of our church is a big football pitch that regularly on Sunday evening hosts exception football players in the area. 

We would rush down to church early enough so we can have some Thirty to forty five minutes of watching football before going in for service.
After service again, before heading home, we would watch games played delightfully to satisfaction and when it’s about getting dark and the players could scarcely see the ball being rolled around, everybody will dress up and head home. 

While those guys were always dressing up at the end of the match, being a tender but very observant young lad, I used to observe something.

Most of them which were of course older than us, always wear two trousers. I observed that for a long time.

 So one day out of curiosity and my preconceived notion that “BIG BOYS” wear two trousers, I decided to wear two trousers too. That day, when it was time for evening prayers, mummy caught me wearing two trousers and it was not cool with her. I was rebuked, but I did not fail to explain what gave rise to my idea of wearing two trousers. 

Pardon me way back then I never knew anything about boxers short.

You see the point am trying to make in this Blog post today is that, see the small me way back then, those guys I was trying to copy were not aware that some little boy somewhere was observing what they were doing and trying to copy them. 

Just the same way the actions that you and I engage in from day to day influence the life's of many people we are not even aware of both in ” little and big ways”. So be a good role model, because consciously or unconsciously you are a MODEL to some people.

Consequently for the greater good of all, choose to be a “GOOD” model.

I am Agboola Biyi Micheal a BLESSING to my GENERATION, and an ASSET to NIGERIA.

2 comments:

  1. Wow......another motivational write-up from the "horse mouth",......my own submission is that its pertinent to be good epitome or "role models"......for the young n teeming youths in this crooked n perverse generation of ours.......keep it up hon biyistical,....can't wait for ur next Inspirational piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you very much my good friend. Am glad this post brought that consciousness of being a model to you. I appreciate your effort of dropping your coments. Higher we go! And please wait for the next piece...winks

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

SOME OF US

The other day after a powerful delivery at a seminar somewhere around town, one of the guest speakers who happened to be pretty old...