Sunday 9 October 2016

ABIKE WAS WRONG


                                                              *********************

The year is rounding up quickly and the school authority has in the latest circular stated that the convocation ceremony is now slated for the 4th of November.


I have anticipated this day since my first day on this campus. Abike said to herself under her breath. Wearing a light blue crop top designed by one of her friends on a tight black jean perfectly revealing
the beauty of her feminine nature. 


On the much anticipated day, as the moderator stepped on the stage to call to a deafening round of applause the best graduating student from the faculty of Arts. The old bald headed man in a well-tailored black suit adjusted the microphone stand while he also re position his pair of glasses to sit comfortably on his nose. Having done this he said;

“All protocols are duly observed, distinguished ladies and gentlemen, men of the press with the permission of Mr. Vice chancellor, I have the singular honor of presenting the best graduating student from the faculty of Arts Miss Abike O.O. she rose and stepped majestically to receive the award to an arousing cum deafening round of applause that cascaded into eruptions of joyful ovations in the auditorium.


Graduating with a first class gave me so much joy she said. Abike received 2million naira, and a  scholarship to travel abroad for her post graduate studies. She traveled, got a High paying Job, married Tayo his dream husband, built their dream house and were forever happy afterwards.

                                     *********************************

This was the long story my friend Abike shared with me, it happens to be a dream she had sometimes ago. At present she is in year one in the University and her result is struggling between Second class lower and Third class. I had a hearty laugh when she was done narrating her dream.

She said it convincingly and expected me to believe 100% when she was done. Alas, my laughter was an irony to her expectations.

Abike was angry I did not believe, she stormed out of the room without uttering any word and never returned.

I never believed the dream, at least I won’t be so gullible.

My reason is simple I said to my friends,

"ABIKE HAD THE DREAM, I DID NOT DREAM" how could I have believed her dream. Abike is wrong to be angry, she dreamt not me.

Most times as youths with lots of great dreams and aspirations, we tend to encounter people who we thought will believe in our dreams. But the Irony will be the case. They won’t and we would be disappointed while sometimes we lose the energy to keep pushing on.

But hey, the dream is YOURS, you conceived it, you should birth it, forgive those who did not believe at least the dream was not theirs.

Keep your head straight and when your convictions birth amazing results, you will not have to narrate your dream all over before they are convinced.

Always remember the next time you meet someone who does not believe in that your noble dream that

"THE DREAM IS YOURS AND NOT THEIRS"

I am Agboola Biyi Micheal a BLESSING to my GENERATION, and an ASSET to NIGERIA.

6 comments:

Featured post

SOME OF US

The other day after a powerful delivery at a seminar somewhere around town, one of the guest speakers who happened to be pretty old...