Thursday 22 September 2016

YOUR MOTIVATION

I am always endeared to people who are most times like me, it’s simply the law of attraction in action.

Lemme share with you something’s about my Dad. While growing up as a kid, My Dad I observed everybody in the community will always want to associate with. When there is no light in the community probably because a pole fell somewhere, my Dads phone will ring over and over again and we would giggle in the corner of our room making jest of Dad that he is the Chairman even though he was never made one.
When anything is happening well or bad, my Dad is always the first point of call. What amazes us is that my Dad does not collect a dime for all the works he does for the community. He sacrifices his time, money and everything that the circumstances might demand at the time.

Fast forward lots of years after then, I found myself in that shoe too, I was already used to just ensuring that things are working properly anywhere I find myself.

Just recently I decided to interview my mentors, I have observed that most of them will sacrifice a lot of things just to ensure that things are working smoothly at all times to the best of their ability.

To my amazement one thing is common to them all, although it might be seemly difficulty for them to do something’s, the "heart of service" possessed by them all is contagious.

I remember working for the Youth Alive team as a volunteer. I was privilege to move around with the Principal of the organization  Pastor Mrs. Taiwo Koye-Ladele, even though she was a bit ill-disposed, we still went about passionately touching the lives of secondary school students in Oyo state.

Remember, nobody was paying us for what we were doing, we were only contributing our quota to National development and the advancement of the Youths.

The average 21st century youth is motivated by money. Money is good, but must not be the primary motivation for doing what you are doing. If money is the motivation, soon when the money stops coming in regularly, the work will cease its flow.

I have however observe that when an individual is motivated by the heart of service to mankind, money will gravitate in that direction too.

So dear reader, it’s a good thing that the right thing is your motivation.

GET THE RIGHT MOTIVATION IS THE POINT IN THIS PIECE.

I am Agboola Biyi Micheal a BLESSING to my GENERATION, and an ASSET to NIGERIA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

SOME OF US

The other day after a powerful delivery at a seminar somewhere around town, one of the guest speakers who happened to be pretty old...