Wednesday 7 September 2016

I AM IDLE!



We were excited one Wednesday afternoon, we decided to check out what is happening on the streets of Ibadan.


We fueled the car ignited the engines and off we zoomed.

We practically agreed to visit top notch relaxation centers within the metropolis. On getting to Iwo road we stopped by at the famous restaurant. While other guys went inside to get some snacks I...
just told them I needed to go for sightseeing around the motor pack.

I just wanted to find out what most of the guys there do to keep themselves busy.

So I went right inside the very familiar NURTW office, I met a couple of guys that were smoking heavily, that my already preconceived notion of speaking to them got melted at the stance of the smoke that was all over the room as a result of their hard labor.

In short those guys were very “BUSY”. So I greeted them and left honorably.

I joined my guys in the restaurant, and to my amazement, they were already engaged  with their cutleries working tirelessly. The servers were working, Guys were having heartwarming discussions with their friends and lovers. 

Not forgetting quickly, one beautiful lady sitting alone in a corner of the restaurant. I guess she was anticipating someones arrival. But throughout my 30mins stay in the restaurant, our eyes kept  on locking at intervals. She must be wondering who the cute guy is. “LOL”. 
Of course I went over to her table just to say “Hi”.
 Don’t let me bother you about the rest of this particular story.

Immediately we were done there, on our way to the premiere University, we saw police officers at different junctions both in uniforms and some uniform less engaging commuters on the road.

 To our amazement they were collecting stuffs from drivers and intermittently putting their hands in there big pockets. Both hands were locked in a fist so I could not tell what they were always exchanging. When it was our turn we only greeted them and left so I was not sure at all what the fist changing was all about. Don’t know if you have an idea what it could be all about!, but I knew they were engaged.

So finally we got to the premiere university, as soon as we entered, a friend I connected with via social media saw me and was excited he did because coincidentally he was hosting a youth forum that day, that just kicked off the same moment I arrived. He craved for my indulgence to be one of the speakers immediately, I laughed off the idea because I was not dressed corporately and he insisted my dressing was good for him and the audience. 

Our plans changed for the next three hours. I had an amazingly, thoroughly and intellectually engaging time learning new things and sharing some of my noble inspiring experiences. I left the auditorium to continue the thrilling day with an arousing standing ovation from the amazing participants.

The day ended with seeing one of my favorite movies at the cinema.

I am deliberately sharing this experience because am trying to pass across a message that most times we are not always conscious of.

The point here is that from the smokers, to the fist exchangers, my friends, that pretty lady, the servers, I, my friend at the premiere University and the participants at the youth forum, all of us were engaged.

We were all doing something at one time or the other, In short, none of us was IDLE.

Nobody at any point in time can complain of being idle, the difference is in what we are doing.

While some people are engaged in activities detrimental to both themselves and the entire society, some were engaged with activities that are capable of making them better and the society more productive.

In this life, none of us is idle irrespective of what we are doing, the question to ask at each point in time is that ‘what good or evil is what I am doing? ‘

The more Good you do, the better our society is for it!

You are not IDLE!

My conclusion is therefore an antithesis to the title of this piece which is ‘I am not IDLE and I am committed to doing good and noble things always!!!

I am Agboola Biyi Micheal a BLESSING to my GENERATION, and an ASSET to NIGERIA.

4 comments:

  1. What were you doing? I was sleeping. So sleep is even an activity.
    Sure, do something valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What were you doing? I was sleeping. So sleep is even an activity.
    Sure, do something valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES ma, Something very valuable capable of making our society better. Thank you for that thought fullness.

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

SOME OF US

The other day after a powerful delivery at a seminar somewhere around town, one of the guest speakers who happened to be pretty old...