Sunday 8 May 2016

WHAT IFS?


What if I called you very late at night?
Lying in deep sleep on your cozy bed
maybe even in your beloved arms.

What if I desperately need help?

wounded, hurtful, desperate, rejected and neglected.
That feelings so strong, paralyzing, captivating and so deceitful.

Left in my teary state
right in the corner of my room
seeking for that tender Midas touch to heal me, inspire me, embrace me, encourage me and lift me out of despair.

What if I count on you, to the extent of sharing my pains with you?
my joy I share
with chuckles and laughter we spend and enjoy the sweet moments.
what if I called you to tell you I have failed, over and yet over again?

what if you received that text from me that I committed that evil again?
what if a friend told you I messed up again?
what if I told you I broke that promise I made again?
even seventy times.

would you still believe in me?
would you still be willing to offer a shoulder to lean on?
would you still be able to withstand the shame of the failure, mess, and evil with me?

would you still be willing to be there for me during my dark days, teary nights and painful days?

No matter how many times we fail, fall, mess up, fuck up and break promises,
we don't need friends who are friends when things are going right only.

when things go wrong we need friends to encourage us, inspire us, lift us, support us and most importantly be there for us.
If we have a friend to that end, then the "what ifs "are settled,
and then maybe if we must have friends,
they must be friends with benefits!


Let’s go a step higher. YES WE CAN.
Copy right © 2015 AGBOOLA BIYI
ALL RIGHT RESERVED
FACEBOOK: agboola biyi TWITTER: @agboolabiyi BBM: 5330F104





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

SOME OF US

The other day after a powerful delivery at a seminar somewhere around town, one of the guest speakers who happened to be pretty old...