Sunday 20 September 2015

LITTLE BEGINNING





A lot have been said of days of little beginning, yet much more I believe somethings still needs to be said about this particular subject matter.

Let me take you along with me on a date with memories.Some four years ago,  an event was organised in Ibadan and I was Invited to come and speak. I went there all dressed up and looking great. Just to find out that there were just three people sitted in a hall that has a capacity of about 80 people. 

There was light, there were microphones, there was music and many chairs.
Well well, I did what i was invited to do , and I left.

But guess what?

That was the very first time of me being in front of an audience as a motivational speaker.

It was really really a little beginning right? YES IT WAS.

That day i went back home with a mixed feeling; I was happy i delivered , and was sad I had three people as audience.

Looking back now, from that day, there has been tremendous progress and improvement. But trust me it was all in stages and gradual. I had been a speaker to an audience of 10, 15 and 20 people. 

But one thing is that I keep the bigger picture in my subconsious mind and do what I love doing with the whole of my heart.

 Recently, I have been getting invites from Secondary schools around the metropolis of the second largest city in Africa. And I have had an audience of close to a thousand people in a hall full to capacity and you know what it was power packed.

During the course of the week, I had a chat with a young man who works where am Currently undergoing my internship.

He his a graduate and trust me like they say, there are no jobs outside. 

He then passionately told me his ordeals in search of a living. At first he was a teacher in a secondary school. That pays the bills for a while. He still kept on pressing for better offers while holding on to the teaching job.
He then came across the company, and they were only recruiting security guards at that time. A graduate went ahead and apply. Luckily for him he was chosen.

You are like a graduate, a security guard! 

You will understand by and by. 

Well the pay was better off the teaching job he had earlier coupled with less stress too. So he took up the offer. Time went by and today he now works as a Chemical analyst in thesame company with a much better pay.

The days of speaking to an audience of 3,5,10 , the days of teaching with wages not even up to the minimum wage requirement by the law and the days of a graduate being a security guard were days of little beginning. 

Those days are getting more and more mature in QUALITY AND QUANTITY now.

Here is the gist; you have a vision, you are passionate about something, you want to do a business. And all you want to do is start out big. well it works sometimes but in most cases it does not.

Start in those ways that are little.

Are you a graduate!

You are waiting for that job offer that pays big. 

Its alright to have such desires, but while waiting for those times to come, while not engage yourself with the little offers. That young man whose story i shared with you earlier, never knew he was going to get his dream job while working 
as a security guard. 

What if he had neglected that little beginning?

In a short while if you tarry, those days will be a part of your success story. Which offcourse will help inspire some other folks somewhere someday.

"DO NOT DESPISE THE DAYS OF LITTLE BEGINNING, THEY ACCUMULATE TOGETHER TO FORM THE BIGGER DAYS."

Hold on in those days of little beginning, keep the bigger picture in your subconsious mind and give your very best everytime and soon the jackpot will be yours.

KEEP GROWING.

Lets go a step higher. YES WE CAN!

AGBOOLA BIYI MICHEAL
YOUNGEST GROWTH CONSULTANT

Facebook : agboola biyi
twitter : @agboolabiyi
bbm : 5330f104


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

SOME OF US

The other day after a powerful delivery at a seminar somewhere around town, one of the guest speakers who happened to be pretty old...