Sunday 24 July 2016

SPACE

C.Ronaldo 

On Sunday, after church service I was just ruminating over my days as an undergraduate and I remember a particular experience of mine I will like to share to drive home the point I will be making at the end of the day.

I like football and fantastic footballers around the world. People like Christiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi,
Kaka, Ahmed Musa, and a host of others seldom inspire me. So I also play football, trying to practice some of the skills have seen these guys exhibit. 

But whenever I play football, I end up with one injury or the other after every game. While I was in year one, I joined my departmental team as a winger. I was committed and would attend all trainings and go home with a minor injury. I get to occasionally play first team football as a substitute. But I was not close to being a very fantastic player and looking at it in prospect, I would soon have no place in the team considering the fact that am prone to injury. I had more inclination as an administrator and have always taken conscious effort to develop my administrative skills. 

Later in year three, the team needed a manager/ coach, nobody was coming forth, so I decided to rise to the occasion.

Jose Mourinho


 I had always been a fan of the controversial Mourinho, learned from Sir Alex Fergusson and a host of other fantastic football managers. So I took up the responsibility, and for the first time in two years I was able through the help of the dedicated team members to lead the team to claim back to back the faculty cup. Achieving this feat gave me a lot of joy and a sense of achievement. Not forgetting the days we had to suffer embarrassing defeat too.

left: Agboola Biyi micheal and the winning team lead by Akindulu Ayodeji (2013) 


But here is my point, in your micro-environment, there is a demand for your specific ability, seek it instead of trying to just show off with little or no result leaving your space vacant.
There is a space you can conveniently fill and be successful, fill it and stop wasting your time trying to fill a space that is not yours to fill.

Let’s go a step higher. YES WE CAN.
Copy right © 2015 AGBOOLA BIYI
ALL RIGHT RESERVED
FACEBOOK: agboola biyi TWITTER: @agboolabiyi BBM: 5330F104






No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

SOME OF US

The other day after a powerful delivery at a seminar somewhere around town, one of the guest speakers who happened to be pretty old...