Sunday 5 June 2016

DARKNESS



I woke up very early on Tuesday morning, said my morning prayers and next in line was the house chores.
While making up my mind on what to attend to first while still on my cozy bed, I heard the tune of my ring tone.

I wondered who was calling me this early on a Tuesday morning, but then I reached out to my phone which was some few meters away from my bed.

Oh, it’s a strange number, but the number looks a bit familiar, I answered the call. Hello I said with my baritone voice echoing to my very ears. On the other end of the line is a sonorous, fantastic, clear and soft voice saying "hello good morning Biyi".


It then dawned on me that it’s someone who perhaps knows me well, we exchanged pleasantries, trying to tactfully decode the person whose voice I was hearing. But alas I could not, I then politely asked "please with whom am I speaking?”. That did not really go well with my caller as she sounded disappointed that I could not decipher the voice. She frankly replied "Biyi its Bimpe”. Oh Bimpe its being a while I replied. She called to inform me of her impromptu visit to Akure today and because the last time we saw each other was some 12years ago although we communicate via social media, she wanted us to meet.


Bimpe have grown into a lady I personally admire over the years and the news of her coming was met with goodness from my heart as we had always anticipated a reunion for a long time and here the day has finally arrived. We both agreed to meet at Captain cook one of the popular eateries in Akure metropolis by 3p.m in the day.

Fast forward to 2:15p.m I had dressed up in my well-tailored made in Nigeria outfit and my made in Nigeria shoe designed by a friend of mine popularly called "ALAN-SHOE". I coincidentally just had my hair cut on Monday so I was all cute for the reunion.

The eatery was some 30minutes drive away from where I stay, I took a cab and off I went. I got there in time and on entering the eatery I saw this beautiful, elegant and modestly adored young lady, wearing a pink, well-tailored gown, and the look was just Bimpe-like. She stood up to welcome me with a big hug which lasted close to five minutes...lol. Winks (good for about 12years I suppose).

I ordered for two plates of fried rice and chicken with Ice cream. While taking our lunch we both shared our stories of what we currently do and how we have risen to the height where we are today. I was excited about the fact that Bimpe has read all of the articles on my blog. I was left wowed and excited.

Bimpe shared a story of an Incidence in her life with me that day and I really feel I should share it with my fantastic readers. Here is Bimpe's account:

“Biyi one day I came back late from work and I was really really tired and exhausted. The room was dark. Out of curiosity I tried something that seems logical to me that night. I was angry with the darkness in the room and I was plunged into an argument with the darkness stating clearly that this was my room and it has no right to be here without my permission. I got so mad that I scrambled a broom and started shouting and biting at the darkness to leave my room. But then the darkness refused to take its leave. So I thought of turning on the light and within a twinkling of an eye Biyi, the darkness left".

I personally felt a bit of relieve that my friend concluded that the darkness left.

Bimpe then said to me "Biyi that story is metaphorical, but that was how I have dealt with the darkness around me for a while until I realized that arguing with darkness, biting darkness with broom will not cause it to leave. The solution is in simply shinning the light. Ever since I have deliberately chosen to always shine the light I am made of, things have never been the same".

Bimpe and I had a nice time and parted ways fully loaded and re-fired up for advancement and incomparable progress while we anticipate our next meeting.

Here is the message; most times you and I are always missing out on the appropriate solution to the darkness around us, instead we expend a lot of energy arguing with darkness. The solution is simple, easy and clear. It’s shinning the light. We all bare light and we must deliberately choose to always shine.

Lets go a step higher. YES WE CAN.
Copy right © 2015 AGBOOLA BIYI
ALL RIGHT RESERVED
FACEBOOK: agboola biyi TWITTER: @agboolabiyi BBM: 5330F104



2 comments:

Featured post

SOME OF US

The other day after a powerful delivery at a seminar somewhere around town, one of the guest speakers who happened to be pretty old...