Sunday 25 October 2015

I AM BLIND


I belong to the category of people who are dreamers. I actually do not mean that in its literal sense. 

But picture an average guy who just lies on a very comfortable bouncing bed, facing the ceilings with the fan blowing cool breeze. Lights on , eyes wide opened but yet has gone farther away from the room.

Its an heightened level of Imaginations, peculiar to blind people.

Only in the dream does a blind man gets to do those things he loves most like driving a car amongst other things.

I have eyes and I can see , although not perfectly because I have myopia . YET I am blind.

Sounds like a confused man right?

Let me share with you some lines about a man that inspires me a lot and have greatly influenced my life.

His name is COBHAMS ASUQUO. He was born blind into a family of six and he happens to be the only one without sight. 

It was however pointed out that his blindness has no known causes, no lineage linkage. Just the reality that he his blind.

Cobhams has never experienced sight so he does not know what it is like to have sight.

Living sightless in a world that is actually designed for sighted People is tough but Cobhams got along and today he his one of the most celebrated music producer in Africa, Nigeria and worldwide.

I will be sharing one of his experiences as I nail the point I am driving at.

When his wife goes shopping, she sometimes or most times manages to bring home some extras. And they are referred to as good deals.

Here is the point; Sight is precious and very important because this world was originally designed for sighted people. But on the other hand, sight could be a Distraction.

Just as she could not go shopping without bringing home the good deals. 

The good deals were never the goals, they only created extra laugage.

She was able to bring home the good deals from the females sporting activity (shopping) , because she got attracted through her sight to them (good deals).

COBHAMS ASUQUO.

On your way to your destination, what you see can also be a distraction from your goal.

Since that very moment, I became conscious of distractions and I realized being blind to them is a valid way to avoid them, I became blind.

So when I say I am blind , I was only referring to the fact that I choose to be blind to distractions.

You must assume blindness to distraction in other to avoid them. In fact it is critical that you don't only assume blindness to distraction, you must be blind to distraction.

That way, your ability to focus on your life goals and aspirations will be made much more easier.

I am blind, we must all be blind to distraction even when we can see with either our two or four eyes.

Lets go a step higher. YES WE CAN.

copy right © 2015 AGBOOLA BIYI
 ALL RIGHT RESERVED

FACEBOOK : agboola biyi
TWITTER : @agboolabiyi
BBM : 5330F104






3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a 9ce and inspiring rite up, kip it up dear. Yes we're going higher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,awesome and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

SOME OF US

The other day after a powerful delivery at a seminar somewhere around town, one of the guest speakers who happened to be pretty old...